Lifeline of Ohio's Donor Memorial Quilts are a symbol of comfort and hope as they travel throughout our service area, inspiring all who see them. Each unique quilt square tells the story of a generous individual who gave the gifts of life, sight and healing to others.
Create a Quilt Square
Donor families have the opportunity to make a quilt square in honor of their loved one for our Lifeline of Ohio Donor Memorial Quilts. If your loved one was an organ, eye or tissue donor within the Lifeline of Ohio service area and you are interested in creating a quilt square in their memory, please use these ideas as a guide:
- The quilt square can be as simple or complex as you wish—it’s your tribute to your loved one.
- Please use any 12-inch square of material you would like. The completed square (embellished area) must measure 12 inches x 12 inches, with approximately ½-inch borders.
- There are a variety of techniques to decorate a quilt square, including appliqué, cross stitch, embroidery, needlepoint, sewing, fabric paint, crayons, stenciling, photo transfers, pieces of clothing, school letters and sports emblems.
- Using a variety of color makes your quilt square stand out. Be creative.
- You are encouraged to include the name of your loved one and any significant dates, events, hobbies, accomplishments, nicknames, hometown, etc. on the quilt square.
If you have any questions, please fill out the forma below or contact one of our Bereavement Coordinators.
Quilt Square Inquiry
Display a quilt
The Lifeline of Ohio Donor Memorial Quilts are available for public exhibits and events. Please contact us at 800-525-5667 or fill out the form below to arrange for a quilt display in your area.