Lifeline of Ohio
As an independent, non-profit organization, Lifeline of Ohio promotes and coordinates the donation of human organs and tissue for transplantation, helping to save and heal lives in Ohio and beyond.
Our Mission & Vision
To save and heal lives through the gift of donation.
To lead organ, eye and tissue donation, changing lives and empowering communities
Our Value Statements
We value the expertise of our teams, partners and community and are stronger when we work together.
Act with Compassion.
We model cultural humility and lead with the consciousness of others in all we do.
Strive for Excellence.
We improve every day and aspire to the highest level of performance.
We embrace change and seek opportunities to solve problems.
Champion Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
We commit to value differences and break down systemic barriers to improve lives in our organization and the communities we serve.
Lifeline of Ohio Leaf Ceremony
Services we provide
Awards and accreditations
Lifeline of Ohio was established as an independent, non-profit organ procurement organization in 1985. Our dedication to providing quality service has continued to grow with each passing year. Lifeline of Ohio is proud of the following accreditations and awards we have been presented with in acknowledgement of our outstanding staff and their values and practices.
- Association of Organ Procurement Organizations
- American Association of Tissue Banks
- Eye Bank Association of America (EBAA)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment
- Food and Drug Administration
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Lifeline of Ohio is a member in good standing of the United Network for Organ Sharing.
- Lifeline of Ohio has been approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid as the designated OPO serving 38 counties in Ohio, along with Wood and Hancock counties in West Virginia.
- Lifeline of Ohio won the Ambassador Pinnacle Award in 2022 from Donate Life America.
- Lifeline of Ohio was honored in the Donor Family Engagement Category from Donate Life America in 2022.
- Lifeline of Ohio was awarded the Silver Level, Award for Excellence in 2020 from The Partnership for Excellence.
- Lifeline of Ohio’s Tissue Department was awarded Excellence in Vascular Recovery by CryoLife in the first quarter of 2020.
- Lifeline of Ohio received both the Platinum award and the Event award from Donate Life America for our “Freedom to Give” campaign in 2019.
- Lifeline of Ohio’s Tissue Department received accolades from Community Tissue Services in appreciation for our organization’s help in supporting burn victims in New Zealand in 2019.
- Lifeline of Ohio received the Best Remix Award in 2016 from Donate Life America for outreach to the LGBTQ IA+ community.
Meet Honey Bee!
Honey Bee buzzes around Central and Southeastern Ohio promoting organ, eye and tissue donation and encouraging everyone to “bee” a donor. She has made it her beeswax to share the importance of donation and bring hope to the more than 108,000 men, women and children waiting for a lifesaving transplant.
She puts smiles on the faces of everyone she meets and thinks there’s nothing sweeter than saving lives as an organ, eye and tissue donor.
Honey Bee is available to buzz around at your community event! She loves to dance, can participate in fun runs or just mingle with your crowd.