Lifeline of Ohio volunteers play a tremendous role as Donate Life Ambassadors in our efforts to save the lives of the thousands currently waiting for a second chance through donation.
There are a wide variety of projects for volunteers, so no matter what your interest, we are sure you’ll find an experience that will be both personally and professionally rewarding.
Who are Donate Life Ambassadors?
Donate Life Ambassadors have a personal experience with organ, eye and tissue donation or truly believe in our mission – we invite you to read their stories.
Volunteers will be expected to:
- Perform in cooperation with Lifeline of Ohio’s staff and comply with the organization’s guidelines.
- Act as representatives of the agency and serve as a positive ambassador for organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Attend at least one Let’s Talk Level 1 Workshop for in-depth training at the earliest opportunity.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect the privacy of whom they come in contact.
Lifeline of Ohio Volunteer Projects
- Special events
- Civic organizations
- Hospitals (with a Lifeline of Ohio Hospital Relations Representative)
- Any other interested group
- Health fairs
- Special events: National Donate Life Month (April), Candlelight Ceremony, National Donor Sabbath and Dash For Donation
- Media interviews
- Visiting transplant recipients in the hospital
- Delivering materials to Bureau of Motor Vehicles offices, doctor’s offices, hospitals, etc.
- Shawls of Support
To Become a Donate Life Ambassador
Please fill out an application by clicking here. Once your application is has been submitted and accepted you will received information from our Volunteer Coordinator, Molly Craig. You will be added to the Ambassador Advocate Newsletter monthly mailing, which lists the opportunities for each month. This is how we communicate our needs and you can respond when you find events or programs that interest you. Additionally, to ensure that we are doing our very best to serve and protect our volunteers, our community and our partners, you will receive a request from Lifeline of Ohio to complete a background check.
Lifeline of Ohio provides Level 1 Donation, Transplantation and Volunteering training workshops at various times throughout the year. The workshops are held at the Lifeline of Ohio offices at 770 Kinnear Road, Columbus and include a detailed discussion about Lifeline of Ohio and organ, eye and tissue donation. We ask that all volunteers attend at least one of these workshops, though it is not required to attend the workshop before you start volunteering. Seating is limited. You must register to attend.
2020 Level I Workshops are scheduled for:
- Level 1- Saturday, January 25, 2020
- Level 1- Wednesday, May 13, 2020
- Level 1- Saturday, August 22, 2020
- Level 1- Thursday, November 12, 2020
The Level 2 Ambassadors in Action training workshop is a more in-depth look at having a meaningful donation conversation and developing and sharing your personal story. These workshops are offered at various times throughout the year. You must take a Level 1 training before attending a Level 2. Please email Molly at email@example.com to register.
2020 Level II Workshops are scheduled for:
- Level 2 “Let’s Talk” Speaker Training- Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- Level 2 “Let’s Talk” Speaker Training- Wednesday, June 10, 2020
- Level 2 “Let’s Talk” Speaker Training- Tuesday, September 22, 2020
During training every volunteer receives a Donate Life Ambassador Handbook with specific information about current statistics, Lifeline of Ohio, and a variety of information about organ, tissue, and eye donation.
For more details on becoming a volunteer or to register for a workshop, please contact:
Molly Craig, Volunteer Coordinator
800.525.5667 ext. 346
Want to learn more?
Fill out the form below and one of our representatives will be in touch shortly. You may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!