You can help!
Lifeline of Ohio volunteers play a tremendous role as Donate Life Ambassadors in our efforts to save the lives of the thousands currently waiting for a second chance through organ and tissue donation.
There are a wide variety of projects for volunteers, so no matter what your interest, we are sure you’ll find an experience that will be both personally and professionally rewarding.
Who are Lifeline of Ohio Volunteers?
Lifeline of Ohio volunteers, or Donate Life Ambassadors, have a personal experience with organ and tissue donation or truly believe in our mission. You can read about some of them here. (link to personal stories) Volunteers will be expected to:
- Perform in cooperation with the organization’s staff and comply with the organization’s guidelines.
- Act as representatives of the agency serve as a positive ambassador for organ and tissue donation.
- Attend at least one Let’s Talk Level 1 Workshop for in-depth training at the earliest opportunity.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect the privacy of their peers and others with whom they come in contact.
Lifeline of Ohio Volunteer Projects
- Special events
- Civic organizations
- Hospitals (with a Lifeline of Ohio Hospital Relations Representative)
- Any other interested group
- Health fairs
- Special events: National Donate Life Month (April), Candlelight Vigil, National Donor Sabbath, National Minority Donor Awareness Day, and Dash For Donation
- Media interviews
- Visiting transplant recipients in the hospital
- Delivering materials to Bureau of Motor Vehicles offices, doctor’s offices, hospitals, etc.
- Donor family quilt projects
To Become a Lifeline of Ohio Volunteer
Please fill out an application by clicking here. Once your application is has been submitted and accepted you will received information from our Volunteer Coordinator, Juli Kunselman. You will be added to the Ambassador Advocate Newsletter monthly mailing, which lists the opportunities for each month. This is how we communicate our needs and you can respond when you find events or programs that interest you.
“Let’s Talk” Volunteer Workshops
Lifeline of Ohio provides “Let’s Talk:” Level 1 Donation, Transplantation and Volunteering training workshops at various times throughout the year, and across the donation service area. These workshops include a detailed discussion about Lifeline of Ohio and organ and tissue donation. We ask that all volunteers attend at least one of these workshops, though it is not required to attend the workshop before you start volunteering. Seating is limited. You must register to attend.
2015 Level I Workshops are scheduled for:
- Saturday, January 10 – 10:30 a.m. – Columbus, Lifeline of Ohio office
– Wednesday, May 6 – 10:30 a.m. – Columbus, Lifeline of Ohio office
– Thursday, August 27 – 5:30 p.m. – Columbus, Lifeline of Ohio office
– Tuesday, October 13 – 5:30 p.m. – Columbus, Lifeline of Ohio office
The “Let’s Talk:” Level 2 Ambassadors in Action training workshop is a more in-depth look at sharing your personal story, working a health fair and delivering an educational program. These workshops are offered at various times throughout the year, and are listed in the Ambassador Advocate.
2015 Level II Workshops are scheduled for:
- Thursday, February 26 – 5:30 p.m. – Columbus, Lifeline of Ohio office
– Tuesday, June 2 – 5:30 p.m. – Columbus, Lifeline of Ohio office
– Thursday, September 17 – 5:30 p.m. – Columbus, Lifeline of Ohio office
Lifeline of Ohio Volunteer Handbook
During training every volunteer receives a Donate Life Ambassador Handbook with specific information about current statistics, Lifeline of Ohio, and a variety of information about organ, tissue, and eye donation.
For more details or to register, contact Juli Kunselman/Community Outreach Events and Volunteer Coordinator.
Phone: 1.800.525.5667 ext. 375
Want to learn more?
Fill out the form below and one of our representatives will be in touch shortly. You may also e-mail email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Quick link to VicNet
Click here to login to VicNet.