OSU Launches iReferral
On June 11, 2023, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, including all Ohio State locations and the partnering Care Connect sites, launched iReferral–a product that triggers an alert in the hospital’s electronic medical record (EMR) when a patient meets referral criteria.
Now, with just a few clicks, hospital staff can send a referral that is created in Lifeline of Ohio’s system, without having to pick up the phone. Our Donation Service and Triage Coordinators then complete the referral and coordinate next steps.
iReferral has been shown to increase referrals, leading to additional opportunities for donation. It also decreases time on the phone for hospital staff, allowing them to focus on patient care.
Below is a full list of our partnering hospitals that have the capability to submit a referral using iReferral:
- Licking Memorial Hospital
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- The James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- OSU East Hospital
- Madison Health
- Avita Ontario Hospital
- Avita Bucyrus Hospital
- Avita Galion Hospital
- Hocking Valley Community Hospital
- Memorial Hospital
- Adena Regional Medical Center
- Adena Pike Medical Center
- Adena Fayette Medical Center
- Adena Greenfield Medical Center