Yes, Students Can Save Lives!
Lifeline of Ohio’s goal with our student-targeted programs is to provide students all the facts they need to make an informed decision about donation when asked the question “Do you want to be an organ, eye and tissue donor?” at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Additionally, we want students to understand the importance of sharing that decision with their family.
Some important facts for students to understand:
- Minors can give legal authorization at 15 1/2 years old when obtaining their learner’s permit or driver license. However, upon the death of a minor the parent or legal guardian may revoke or amend the minor’s authorization.
- The vast majority of the time, the family will honor their loved one’s wishes regarding donation if they know their decision.
- Although nearly 90 percent of Ohioans want to be an organ donor, only about 50 percent of adults and teens have made that decision known by either telling their next-of-kin or joining the Ohio Donor Registry.
- If students say “yes” to organ donation at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, that becomes a legal advanced directive.
- Once an adult is in the Ohio Donor Registry, the only person legally able to change that decision is the adult themselves.
- A single organ donor can save up to 8 lives.
- A single tissue donor can help 50 or more people heal from injuries/accidents/surgeries.
- We introduce students to those touched by donation and transplantation through the use of video or personal testimonials in the hope that they will understand how donation touches lives from every part of society including their own communities.
Student Education: Schedule a Program
To schedule a program by Lifeline of Ohio contact us in one of the following ways:
- By Phone or E-mail
Call 800-525-5667 ext. 334 or 614-384-7334.
- Printable Form
Click here to download and print the form. The form can be returned by mail to our Communications Assistant at Lifeline of Ohio, 770 Kinnear Rd, Suite 200, Columbus, OH 43212, or it can be faxed to 614-291-0660.
- Fill out the Online Form Below
If you email, or call and leave a message, and you do not hear back from us within 3 business days, please contact our Community Education Manager, Ron Packard at 614-384-7332.
On-Line Program Request Form
To request a program through our site, please fill out the program request form. (If you request a program and do not hear from us within 3 business days, please call our Community Education Manager, Ron Packard. He can also assist you with questions about our programs or any other issues you need addressed, He can be reached by phone at 1-800-525-5667 ext. 332 or at firstname.lastname@example.org