Creating Your Donor Quilt Square
As a donor family member, Lifeline of Ohio invites you to create a quilt square, in honor and memory of your loved one.
Guidelines to Create Your Quilt Square:
- You do not need to be exceptionally artistic to contribute. The square can be as simple or complex as you wish. It is a tribute to your loved one.
- You can use any 11 inch square of material you would like in creating your square. The completed square (embellished area) must measure 10 inches x 10 inches, with approximately ½ inch borders.
- Families who have contributed squares to the current panels have used a variety of techniques in decorating the square, including appliqué, cross stitch, embroidery, needlepoint, sewing, fabric paint, crayons, stenciling, photo transfers, pieces of clothing, school letters and sports emblems. Using coloring books or magazines may be helpful for pattern ideas.
- Using a variety of color makes your quilt square stand out. Be creative – the more color, the better.
- You are encouraged to include the name of your loved one and any significant dates, events, hobbies, accomplishments, nicknames, hometown, etc. on the quilt square.
Questions? Please contact us.