When a family is faced with losing a loved one, they often reach out to their faith leader for support, spiritual guidance and to ask about their faith’s perspective on organ, eye and tissue donation. When faith leaders encourage their members to learn the facts about donation and to register their donation decision before a family crisis, the burden of making a donation decision is lessened.
To help begin the donation conversation, Lifeline of Ohio can provide congregations with free resources. We encourage all faith groups to set aside a time to discuss donation whether it be during a health fair, education session, service or the nationally recognized weekend, National Donor Sabbath, held two weekends prior to Thanksgiving each year. Materials, display boards and speakers are available year-round and can be requested at any time. Below are ways your religious organization can begin the donation discussion:
Display Donation Materials
- To request a Donor Memorial Quilt, Education Display or 11 x 17 donation posters please use the form below.
- Download Ohio Power-Point slides you can display during services: Ohio Power Point
- Download West Virginia Power-Point slides you can display during services: West Virginia Power Point
- Download the Ohio 8 ½ x 11 “The Truth About Donation” flyer: The Truth About Donation Ohio
- Download the West Virginia 8 ½ x 11 “The Truth About Donation” flyer: The Truth About Donation – West Virginia
- Download the Ohio Spanish Language 8 ½ x 11 “The Truth About Donation” flyer: The Truth About Donation Flyer – Spanish
- Add a link on your website to Lifeline of Ohio’s website
Distribute Materials to Members
Brochures, awareness lapel pins, bookmarks and hand fans are available for order by using the request form below. You can also request one of Lifeline of Ohio’s ‘Donation Awareness Kits’ which are pre-packaged with supplies for congregations of 50, 100 or 250 members. Use the form below to request your kit today!
Share Information on Donation with Members
- Share bulletin inserts – inserts are available for order by using the form below.
- Download sample newsletter articles: Sample Newsletter Articles
- Download sample e-mail text: Sample Email Messages
- ‘Like’ Lifeline of Ohio on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and share posts or contact Lifeline of Ohio for specific messaging you can post on your social media pages.
Have a Conversation About Donation
- Download our list of religious views: Summary of Religious Views
- Download our Clergy Reference Guide which includes information on the donation process, FAQ’s, what can be donated, sample sermons, sample hymns, sample bulletin statements, scripture passages and more: Clergy Reference Guide
Share the Impact of Donation with Members
Request a Lifeline of Ohio volunteer or speaker for your event or service by using the request form below.
To request materials please fill out and submit the form below or print a hard copy of our Religious Materials Request Form and return it to Lifeline of Ohio.