Lifeline of Ohio’s priority is the safety and health of the many communities we serve. We recognize our great responsibility to the donation and transplant community, and we continue to follow the guidance of local, state and national authorities in response to COVID-19.
During this unprecedented time, we’ve been inspired by the helpful spirit of our neighbors, friends and community at large. We are learning, day by day, that we can all make a difference TOGETHER.
In the spirit of helping others, we offer ten ways you can make a difference in your community.
- Stay home. You will make the biggest positive impact by staying home, staying physically distant from others and continuing to practice safe hand hygiene to keep our community safe. Please follow the CDC’s recommendations.
- Share the facts. With so much information circulating about the pandemic, you can stay informed using accurate sources and share this information with friends and family to address anxiety and misinformation. For up-to-date facts about COVID-19 and the impact of the virus on Ohio, please visit the Ohio Department of Health.
- Create a shawl for a donor family. Lifeline of Ohio’s Shawls of Support program provides handmade shawls to families whose loved one gave gifts through organ, eye and tissue donation. Join our team of dedicated knitters and crochet fans, and create a gift of comfort for these families.
- Donate blood. If you are able, schedule an appointment to donate blood today through Versiti Blood Center of Ohio. There is a drastic blood shortage in our area, and Versiti is taking extra steps to keep our community safe while donating. Lifeline of Ohio is hosting a drive on April 21!
- Fly your flag. Inspire your neighbors by flying a flag to show your support and solidarity – the American flag, a State of Ohio flag, a Donate Life flag or a Pride flag for example.
- Thank a teacher. Sending an email, card or social media shout-out to our educators will go a long way as they adjust to their new normal and keep the students in our community learning. Check out Lifeline of Ohio’s online resources for educators!
- Register to be an organ, eye and tissue donor. You don’t have to go to the BMV to make the decision to save and heal lives. Register your decision to share the gift of life from the comfort of your own home – http://bit.ly/DonateLife8 – and then talk to your family about your decision to leave a legacy.
- Stay positively social. More people than ever are connecting with others on social media, and this can be a great way to stay in touch. Share messages and posts that are kind, sensitive and positive to help your community.
- Shop local. Patronize your local small businesses and take out restaurants. Learn ways to support shops and restaurants in Central Ohio.
- Donate to your local food bank to help those living with food scarcity. Click here to find a food bank in your city