As a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization Lifeline of Ohio often receives financial contributions and in-kind donations from individual and corporations. In recent years these contributions were directed to professional education events, the construction of the Donor Memorial and enrichment of bereavement services for donor families. In the past year Lifeline of Ohio has moved to formalize the acceptance and solicitation of financial contributions with the appointment of Rachael Beasley as Development Specialist within the Public Relations Department. Beasley had previously served Lifeline of Ohio as a Hospital Development Representative.
- Matching Gifts: Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar. However, matching gift programs vary. Typically employers will provide a form for their employees to complete which requests the non-profit’s EIN (Lifeline of Ohio’s is 31-1116603).
- Event Sponsorships: Lifeline of Ohio has several events throughout the year. If your company is interested in sponsoring one of the events below, please reach out to learn more about our sponsorship packages.
- Dash for Donation – Since 1999, our annual 5K race to promote organ, eye and tissue donation has brought thousands of people together in our community to honor those who gave, pay tribute to those who received, offer hope to those who continue to wait, and to remember the lives lost while waiting for the Gift of Life.
- Evening with the Stars – For more than a decade Lifeline of Ohio has held an annual recognition dinner to honor our hospital and community partners. This is an opportunity to thank those who went above and beyond their role to ensure lives were saved through organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Wet Lab – This is an annual event which provides education and hands-on practice of clinical skills for technicians in organ procurement organizations.
- Cause-Related Marketing: This type of fundraising is a win/win for companies and non-profits. While promoting Lifeline of Ohio’s mission, the company can see an increase in business sales, earn new customers and enhance customer loyalty.
- Planned Gifts – These contributions are often called “legacy gifts” because they are created during the contributor’s lifetime to be used for future endeavors. There are a wide variety of planned giving vehicles, from wills and bequests to charitable gift annuities. If you’re interested in leaving a legacy through financial giving, we encourage you to reach out to us. Note: We encourage you to speak to your financial advisors as well since we are unable to provide tax or legal advice.
- Annual Gifts – We accept financial contributions in memory and/or in honor of individuals on an annual basis. It’s also a great way to celebrate anniversaries, birthdays and holidays. Contributions are unrestricted and supports our Bereavement Services, outreach and educational endeavors.
Fundraise With Us!
- Dash for Donation – Team captains and individuals have the opportunity to raise funds for our annual 5k race. This rewarding opportunity allows individuals to promote Lifeline of Ohio’s mission while recruiting family, friends and co-workers to join their team and/or support their fundraising goals. Lifeline of Ohio provides tips and tools to make team recruitment and fundraising fun and easy. Currently, all financial contributions support our Bereavement Services and Donor Family programming. We hope you join us!
- Custom Special Events – Over the years we’ve had numerous individuals plan events to benefit Lifeline of Ohio. Some examples include running races, golf outings, lemonade stands, corn hole tournaments, etc. If you are interested in planning a special event, please contact us so we can assist your efforts.
If you or your organization are interested in financially supporting Lifeline of Ohio’s support of donor families or advocacy and educational programs, please contact Rachael at email@example.com or 614-384-7341.